HOME PRODUCTS FORUM RESOURCES KIT COMPARISON FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS  
GALLERY HISTORY VO THEORY SYSTEM MEDIA CONTACT  

Go Back   Forums > Home Improvement > Space Heating
Register User's Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-09-2006, 08:36 PM
Administrator

Default Waste oil burner

Have a look at this, the read is long but worth it, I am building one to "Two tank" (start on used motor oil and switch to VO)

http://journeytoforever.org/biofuel_...arth/me11.html

Life is either a daring adventure or nothing. Security does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than exposure.
-Helen Keller

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.
-HAL9000

Old 11-11-2006, 12:43 AM
Banned

This will be for the shop, I'm sure, not the home?
Old 11-14-2006, 01:05 PM
Banned

Default on another forum

Currently on biodieselinfopop, there is a great thread on wvo heater for home use GOOD picts Good info, search gee dub forum name or home heat with wvo...modified enclosed (men) heater Tigman
Old 11-16-2006, 07:36 AM
Administrator

Cant find it can you post a link

Life is either a daring adventure or nothing. Security does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than exposure.
-Helen Keller

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.
-HAL9000

Old 11-18-2006, 07:11 PM
Banned

Default post

Sorry Chris i was away at State Volleyball Tourney....My daughters team won 1st State Of Montana calss c schools Awsome..... http://biodiesel.infopop.cc/eve/foru...1?r=4491088271 Tigman
Old 12-01-2006, 12:47 PM
Administrator

Congrats on your daughters victory!

Here is the heater we are currently building, it will go in the 5000 Sq Ft shop of my Woodman in Bend Oregon. (I refer to him as my Woodman because this is what he is, he tows a mobile mill up and down the west coast custom milling wood for furniture makers and fine home builders, he asked that I not post his name on the internet and I wish to respect that. He cut all the wood for my deck last summer including one cedar beam 18"x 10" x 23')

So far we stripped tha cover and insulation form a gas water heater, pulled the gas burner out, cut a door and cut about 18" of the interior chimney out to make room for the burn plate and we will use this section of the chimney to make the exhaust port on top.

If all goes well we will get this one done and I will begin working on one for my home based on this design and the one you linked to (thanks for that) as the heater in my home will need to tie into the existing heater ducts.
Attached Images

-Helen Keller

-HAL9000