HOME PRODUCTS FORUM RESOURCES KIT COMPARISON FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS  
GALLERY HISTORY VO THEORY SYSTEM MEDIA CONTACT  

Go Back   Forums > Vegetable Oil Forum > CHURCH AND STATE
Register User's Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-23-2012, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBachmann View Post
You see it as a hang-up. I see it as how society functions.
There's a difference between wealth redistribution in the form of commerce and the form of governmental taxation and redistribution. Commerce involves selling your time and labor for money - which is a medium of exchange and storage for that time and labor. Government taxation and redistribution is simply theft without benefit. This taxation method means that I actually benefit more by slowing my production after my immediate needs are met. This is why communism doesn't work in every country it is tried. Removing the incentive of the benefit of overcapacity means that prices stay high and the supply doesn't keep up with demand.

Quote:
We live in a democracy, so the government deciding on where money goes and what programs like education get money, is a function of the government representing the electorate. You don't like it, fine, in november you will get your chance.
No - we live in a Republic. It was created that way to eliminate the possibility of "mob rule". Things have been altered over time as the politicians benefit more from "mob rule" than they did from a Republic.

Quote:
Something tells me though, as more normal working Americans hear how the Republican party plans to raise taxes on them, and at the same time, lower taxes on The Donald, me thinks they won't get elected.
As 49.5% of the population no longer contributes to running the government via taxation, we are pretty much at mob rule. You'll find that our government is not sustainable anymore and a collapse will become quite painful. The Donald can always cash out his assets and leave with them. When the SHTF, you can be everyone that can afford to will bug out. It happens in every self-induced societal collapse. The rich get gone and the unwashed masses experience starvation.
Old 02-23-2012, 06:08 PM

I am not worried about it.
Old 02-23-2012, 10:18 PM

Quote:
As 49.5% of the population no longer contributes to running the government via taxation
...via income tax.

That's why the price of taxed products like booze, smokes, and fuel is increasing, to get more money from those who don't pay income tax.
Old 02-24-2012, 05:17 AM

Quote:
we are pretty much at mob rule.
Are you talking about K Street?
Old 02-24-2012, 06:25 AM

Quote:
Are you talking about K Street?
This is a riot over tennis shoes. From the looks of the crowd it appears the taxpayers of America are footing the bill for most of the purchases thru dependant entitlements.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/46511378...me_and_courts/

MB - Is this the way a functioning government works in your world?

Just wait till massive food shortages of milk,bread,flour,sugar etc................

are the reasons for the riots.
Old 02-26-2012, 03:58 PM