HOME PRODUCTS FORUM RESOURCES KIT COMPARISON FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS  
GALLERY HISTORY VO THEORY SYSTEM MEDIA CONTACT  

Go Back   Forums > Engine Specific Information > Mercedes specific conversion information
Register User's Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-26-2012, 08:24 AM

Default 2006 E320 cdi

Nevermind, just found lots of info!

Last edited by Surfin' Elvis; 03-26-2012 at 08:40 AM.
Old 04-26-2012, 01:56 PM

please link to info.

I'm about to do a 96 300, and I can't find anything.
Old 06-03-2012, 05:02 PM

Yes, Please do, I have an 06 E320! Thanks
Old 06-28-2012, 11:18 AM

Brother, please, share the wealth...(links, sources...)

Thanks
Old 08-15-2012, 06:29 PM

Default finished the conversion

I started with a Raptor pump blew out the seals with only 50 gallon of veg use. I made some adjustments to the system and installed a Ford 7.3 powerstroke fuel pump. It has only been 500 miles so far but it works much better than the Raptor pump and it is so simple.

Current set-up is still 36 gallon tank in the trunk. The fuel line/coolant lines come out the bottom of the tank go into the spare tire section between the tire and the side. I cut a hole in the plastic it was real easy. From there it runs under the undercarriage covers and comes out in the engine bay.

The coolant lines are attached to the line that goes to the egr cooler. The side out of the engine goes to the FPHE then the fuel filter then the tank then back to the inlet to the EGR cooler. I have never seen a system heat up so fast.

The fuel line runs though the engine bay to under the headlight in front of the drivers side tire. It connects to the Ford fuel pump then goes to the fuel filter that is mounted upside down inside a coolant hose wrap that is mounted inside a plastic container that is bolted to the bottom of the headlight. The FPHE is mounted on the frame from there it goes the the switching valve mounted on the intake manifold next to the factory fuel filter. That valve is a high end greasecar valve.

The diesel attaches to the valve with the factory fuel line to the common connection the diesel fuel filter connect to the normally open side with a new 5/16 fuel line. The return valve is mounted to a cover hold down screw. The veg side of the return goes to a T in the fuel in side between the tank and the pump. The diesel goes the return valve and to a third return valve. The third return valve is there so that when in diesel mode the diesel returns to the diesel tank and when in veg mode the diesel fuel pump stays on and the diesel just keeps looping back to the diesel tank.

Electrically I have two switches mounted to the drivers seat, one is a three position switch with a momentary side and the other is just an on off. The 3 position controls the valves the on/off just turns the fuel pump on. I turn the fuel pump on for five seconds before flipping the valves just to make sure there is pressure in the system. The other electic connection is the injection line heater that is wrapped around the common rail. This comes on with the key and heats the common rail

So far this system is working the best. I am working on pictures>

Robert
In Fort Lauderdale running a 2006 Jeep Liberty CRD 2 veg tanks HOH 2 upgraded greasecar valves 3/8 fuel line 5/8 heater line HOH Hose wrapped filter. Injector Line heater on the Common Rail. 2nd car 2005 Mercedes CDI, ford 7.3 powerstoke fuel pump 36 gallon veg tank in trunk coolant heated HOH, rubber hose wrapped fuel filter, FPHE, 3 greasecar valves, Common rail line heater.