HOME PRODUCTS FORUM RESOURCES KIT COMPARISON FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS  
GALLERY HISTORY VO THEORY SYSTEM MEDIA CONTACT  

Go Back   Forums > Vegetable Oil Forum > Technical discussion
Register User's Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-04-2012, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrenchFry View Post
Wonder if the SVO fad is over and people are into electric cars now.

Re: Bay Area. Just lost a good oil source in SF. The City picks up oil for free, turns it into Biodiesel for the city run buses.

I was doing crappy job picking up oil on a regular basis so my fault. Been a slacker lately because still driving on Diesel...been too busy to do the conversion.

Still, it was a lot easier completing against Renders for oil. The city is efficent and does a good job so everyone is switching to them for oil pickups.
Dude that sucks that the city it taking away private industry business!!

2003 Excursion 4x4 - 7.3 liter
DIY FrybriStroke - 90K on WVO since 2007
Old 05-04-2012, 04:40 PM

There is a limited supply of used fryer oil, and restaurants are 'riding it hard and putting it out wet' in some cases and fewer people are 'dining out' in a reduced economy. The supplies of UVO are no doubt 'spoken-for' with municipalities, renderers, biodiesel makers and SVO users, all competing for that limited UVO resource. People who are getting into it now find UVO supplies are scarce.

Those who've been using VO fuels are successfully saving money and don't need to talk about it.
Old 05-26-2012, 06:52 AM
Administrator

I have to disagree. I don’t think the lack of interest has anything to do with the availability of oil but the fact that the media is no longer interested in alt fuels and the economy is in the toilet and people are interested in paying their daily bills, not getting into a new hobby. It is not as easy as it once was to get oil but recently I was told that it was impossible to get oil in Seattle. I asked the guy what area he lived in and within an hour had two places willing to give him oil simply by talking to the owners.

Have a look at this, if you compare it to forum activity you see a direct correlation.

http://www.google.com/trends/?q=diesel+vegetable+oil

So it is not that there is no one on the forums because there is no oil, it is that there is no one on the forums because there is little interest….

Life is either a daring adventure or nothing. Security does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than exposure.
-Helen Keller

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.
-HAL9000

Old 05-26-2012, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgoodwin View Post
So it is not that there is no one on the forums because there is no oil, it is that there is no one on the forums because there is little interest….[/size][/font]
I'm interested Chris, can you get back to me please. Sent you an email and a pm.

Thanks

Blaine Taylor

SOLD: 2003 VW TDI Wagon 5spd Frybrid Kit
100,000 km on veg as of 09/20/10