HOME PRODUCTS FORUM RESOURCES KIT COMPARISON FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS  
GALLERY HISTORY VO THEORY SYSTEM MEDIA CONTACT  

Go Back   Forums > Vegetable Oil Forum > Fuel mixing / Fuel Blending
Register User's Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-20-2007, 10:37 AM

Default Carboned glow plugs and one with oil

Hi Everyone

New to this forum, this is my first post

Have a few questions about glow plugs when blending fuel (60%Diesel and 40%WVO for 3000Km)

Today I checked the glow plugs on my pickup (Opel/Vauxhaul Corsa 1.7D- IDI Isuzu Engine no turbo)and found 3 of the 4 with a fair amount of carbon powder on them, the tip of the last g/plug was covered with what smells like motor oil. The g/plugs are due for replacement and I have ordered new ones. I stuggled to start my pickup this morning and thats what prompted me to order new plugs. My pickup has been showing more and more white smoke only on cold morning startups (11 deg C) over the last 3 weeks or so. Once it is warm it runs very well. my pickup has not had any loss of power, infact it seems to have a little more.If I start the engine when it is warm, it start first time.

Is carbon on glowplugs bad and is engine oil worse?

Many Thanks

Richrichie
Old 06-22-2007, 06:05 PM
Administrator

Remove the old plugs, take one and smack it with a hammer until it is flattened quite a bit. Stick this one in the holes each glow plug came from and dig around to get the carbon free, then with the glow plugs still out crank the motor for a few seconds, this will blow cabon from the holes. Then install new glow plugs with copper anti-sieze on them. If you do not remove built up carbon then new ones will burn out quite soon.

Life is either a daring adventure or nothing. Security does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than exposure.
-Helen Keller

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.
-HAL9000