HOME PRODUCTS FORUM RESOURCES KIT COMPARISON FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS  
GALLERY HISTORY VO THEORY SYSTEM MEDIA CONTACT  

Go Back   Forums > Vegetable Oil Forum > CHURCH AND STATE
Register User's Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-12-2008, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselBurps View Post
You cannot control their actions, but you can your own. Chris is pushing back - and he's stubborn as well, so you both will end up pushing for quite a while to no avail. I don't know Zouave at all, so he's the wild card. Your religious discussion isn't going anywhere (good) fast, so if you want to get anywhere at all with it - it needs to be toned down on all sides.
Good advice DB. Although I can't blame JoJo . Chris is brutal on christianity. Must have got caught up in one of those catholic priest sex scandals!

Seriously though, lumping evangelical christianity in with the likes of 12th century catholic crusades or muslim extemists who are wiping out entire villages in North Africa today, is like equating a random thunderstorm to hurrican Ike.
We have our nutcases(Jimmy Swaggart) but for the most part we help those who are hurting and in need. Almost always, here in the south, your evangelical fundamentalist churchs are the first on the scene after disasters with immediate needs items and also long term projects like rebuilding homes in New Orleans.
Being in Seattle , Chris has a long distance view of us and the resulting prejudice comes thru loud and clear.

I will also agree with Chris, religion is responsible for much of the death and destruction in the world.( religion- man's attempt to reach God of his own accord)

Contrast that with true christianity - God reaching out to man thru His Son Jesus Christ to save man from his lost condition.

Don't mean to get preachy, but the points and contrasts need to be made and understood.

Folks who want to gloss over this and not recognize the difference are doing themselves a disservice in the long run.
Old 09-13-2008, 07:38 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JojoJaro View Post
By the way, I paid for my citizenship. How about you? So who's more deserving to be in this country? While I served it in the military, you spew ideas and policies to destroy the military.
I am a member of the Mayflower Society, so my ancestors were founding this country on the idea of religious freedom when yours were still bent over picking crops, they were likely still there a generation ago. You "paid for your citizenship"? Indentured servitude was it? You may have earned your citizenship by being a "Dog of war", it does not however make you master of the house, you are just another punk with a passport so get over yourself. You have a passport, I'm happy for you, now take it seriously and learn some tolerance for other peoples views, read the constitution you took an oath to defend and stop being a hypocrite.

Quote:
You think that just because you've travelled to a few countries, that makes you 'enlightened'. Clueless. All that's done is to puff up your pride and arrogance. Well, let me tell you buddy. I've lived in more countries than you've ever visited.
Unless you are 200 years old that is simply not possible, my last passport had 26 pages added to it because the original pages were filled, you know squat about me boy. Mommy and daddy (if one is known) moved you around a little, bad people shot one another and scared little Jojo, luckily you were then in a place that the US took pity on and offered you the chance to serve in the military and get out. Good on you son, now go to the back of the room, sit down and shut up. You preach at everyone about how they should feel about the country they grew up in, you are a visitor here, your children, if we are unfortunate enough that you procreate, will have a grip on life here but you, I doubt you ever will.

This country was founded on the ideas that you abhor, religious tolerance, freedom of speach, a government by and for the people. Read the document you took an oath to defent son and get off the soapbox.

Life is either a daring adventure or nothing. Security does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than exposure.
-Helen Keller

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.
-HAL9000

Old 09-13-2008, 07:52 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by spademan View Post
Good advice DB. Although I can't blame JoJo . Chris is brutal on christianity. Must have got caught up in one of those catholic priest sex scandals!
I am not brutal on Christianity, I am brutal on Jojo becasue he embodies everything I despise. I have studied religion all my life, it is a kind of hobby, I am one of thos epeople who can't read fiction but will read a book discussing comparative religion or the origins of the Dead Sea Scrolls for hours. Jojo's version of Christainity is like the Talibans version of Islam, personally I would like to move all zelots to an island someplace and let them beat eachother to death and leave the rest of us alone.

The teachings of Christ are fantastic, he was a visionary prophet and the lessons we can learn from those teachings are amazing, we can also twist the bible to justify the most horrendous human suffering imaginable. I feel it is the duty of anyone who has studied the bible to do what they can to prevent it from being misintrepreted and used for evil. Jojo and his fellow nutjobs have warped the teachings of the bible to support thier vision of an evil world filled with suffering and punishments, they ae the Spanish Inquisitors of our time. If I believed that the bible was actually the direct word of god, I would have to believe jojo and his ilk to be servants of satan- fortunately I just think he is a poor misguided child, scared of being alone in the dark and lashing out at the other kids who are standing between him and a nightlight.

It was a preist at one of the churches I went to that was buggering little boys, not me though. Two years back the courts awarded all the boys some 6 figure sum, had I known I would have stood in line!

Life is either a daring adventure or nothing. Security does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than exposure.
-Helen Keller

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.
-HAL9000

Old 09-13-2008, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgoodwin View Post
I am a member of the Mayflower Society, so my ancestors were founding this country on the idea of religious freedom when yours were still bent over picking crops, they were likely still there a generation ago. You "paid for your citizenship"? Indentured servitude was it? You may have earned your citizenship by being a "Dog of war", it does not however make you master of the house, you are just another punk with a passport so get over yourself. You have a passport, I'm happy for you, now take it seriously and learn some tolerance for other peoples views, read the constitution you took an oath to defend and stop being a hypocrite.

Unless you are 200 years old that is simply not possible, my last passport had 26 pages added to it because the original pages were filled, you know squat about me boy. Mommy and daddy (if one is known) moved you around a little, bad people shot one another and scared little Jojo, luckily you were then in a place that the US took pity on and offered you the chance to serve in the military and get out. Good on you son, now go to the back of the room, sit down and shut up. You preach at everyone about how they should feel about the country they grew up in, you are a visitor here, your children, if we are unfortunate enough that you procreate, will have a grip on life here but you, I doubt you ever will.

This country was founded on the ideas that you abhor, religious tolerance, freedom of speach, a government by and for the people. Read the document you took an oath to defent son and get off the soapbox.

This country was founded on the principles of the Bible, not the Koran. What makes America strong are those principles that you despise. This country did not prosper because of 'progressive humanistic ideas' you profess. This country prospered because of the principles of Biblical authority.

You continue to lie about the founding fathers of this country, who would have had you shot for treachery if they were alive. Your ideas and beliefs are quintessential examples of what is tearing this country apart. Your liberal ideas are the cancer that is causing this country to fall apart.

Notice when America really started spiralling down the drain. It was during the 60's when hippies like you started.

So, you despise my beleifs, fine, the feeling is mutual. I just hope I can save those 2 children of yours from your stupidity.

2006 2500 GM Savanna Cargo Van "Vinny"
06 LLY Duramax with 4L85E
4-tank 'Holy Grail' custom conversion. On-board collection, prefiltering, de-watering, polishing and storage conversion. 46,000 miles on WVO. EFI-live Custom tuning for WVO combustion.

Old 09-13-2008, 04:53 PM

This isn't exactly toning things done guys. Step away from the keyboard until you can play nice! We've already got Mikey stinking up the place with his crap, we don't need more of it! I'd hate for you both to have to be put on moderation...

Now apologize.
Old 09-13-2008, 05:54 PM

Quote:
This isn't exactly toning things done guys. Step away from the keyboard until you can play nice! We've already got Mikey stinking up the place with his crap, we don't need more of it! I'd hate for you both to have to be put on moderation...

Now apologize.
"For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction."

4-tank 'Holy Grail' custom conversion. On-board collection, prefiltering, de-watering, polishing and storage conversion. 46,000 miles on WVO. EFI-live Custom tuning for WVO combustion.

Old 09-13-2008, 06:36 PM

Quote:
"For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction."
Exactly. Try to make it a positive one. Someone has to make the first move. Wouldn't it be true to your faith to be the first one to try? And the last one to quit trying?
Old 09-13-2008, 06:52 PM

Quote:

Please.

I'm sure that your whining will continue long after I tire of truth squadding all of your factual errors and propagandizing, which are only slightly more irritating than your usual mouth-breathing comments....

"I used to be disgusted, but now I try to be amused." -- Declan Patrick MacManus
Old 09-13-2008, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike saunders View Post
Please.

I'm sure that your whining will continue long after I tire of truth squadding all of your factual errors and propagandizing, which are only slightly more irritating than your usual mouth-breathing comments....
Nasty! It looks like Mikey's had his feelings hurt! The dumbass is turning out to be quite the hostile little prick. I sure hope you aren't taking out all of this frustration and anger on your wife and kids. Hopefully you are just bottling it all up inside, building up that blood pressure, stressing out about it - and it's just a matter of time before something pops.

Make sure you get some extra life insurance while you can - to help the Widow Saunders raise her kids!

Drop dead, Mikey!
Old 09-13-2008, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike saunders View Post
Please.

Mikey, go do and finish your conversion. Your time and skills are better suited to that activity since you are not making a lot of sense here.