HOME PRODUCTS FORUM RESOURCES KIT COMPARISON FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS  
GALLERY HISTORY VO THEORY SYSTEM MEDIA CONTACT  


Go Back   Forums > Vegetable Oil Forum > CHURCH AND STATE
Register User's Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 08-30-2008, 09:42 PM
JojoJaro JojoJaro is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 873
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike saunders View Post
Meh...

Pro capital punishment
Anti minority set-asides
Pro family
Pro choice
Anti Iraq war
Pro Taliban suppression in Afghanistan
Pro tax cuts for low and middle class
Pro Second Amendment
Pro elimination of gun show sales loophole.

etc....

It tends to get complicated from there.
It is so easy to label yourself with these words, but they're meaningless, because they could mean anything you want them to mean.

For instance, what does pro family mean to you? How can you claim to be pro family and yet promote Homosexuality?

What does Pro elimination of gun show sales loophole? What loophole? This is a red herring for more gun regulation.

What is Pro 2nd Ammendment? Do you really believe the people's right to bear arms, but only after it has been regulated? What is the common sense gun control laws that you and Obama promote?
__________________
1996 Mercedes E300D "Maybelyn" - 3-tank custom conversion including Cold weather B100 operation. 36,000 miles on WVO, 10,000 on cold-weather B100. (Sold!)

2006 2500 GM Savanna Cargo Van "Vinny"
06 LLY Duramax with 4L85E
4-tank 'Holy Grail' custom conversion. On-board collection, prefiltering, de-watering, polishing and storage conversion. 46,000 miles on WVO. EFI-live Custom tuning for WVO combustion.


Last edited by JojoJaro; 08-30-2008 at 09:52 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 08-31-2008, 07:08 AM
DieselBurps's Avatar
DieselBurps DieselBurps is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 7,301
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JojoJaro View Post
For instance, what does pro family mean to you? How can you claim to be pro family and yet promote Homosexuality?
Promote? Unless you guys have been exchanging some emails that the rest of us aren't privvy to, I'd suggest the word you are looking for is "tolerate"!!!

As to the definition Mike is giving, how 'bout the response to the modern Democratic mantra - "From each according to their ability, to each according to their need"...?
__________________
Recession: when your neighbor loses his job.
Depression: when you lose your job.
Recovery: when Comrade Barack loses his job.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 08-31-2008, 04:44 PM
JojoJaro JojoJaro is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 873
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselBurps View Post
Promote? Unless you guys have been exchanging some emails that the rest of us aren't privvy to, I'd suggest the word you are looking for is "tolerate"!!!

As to the definition Mike is giving, how 'bout the response to the modern Democratic mantra - "From each according to their ability, to each according to their need"...?
Actually the better word is 'Advocating', which to me seems to mean the same as 'promoting'.

Mikey is not simply 'tolerating', he is 'Advocating'. If he was simply 'tolerating', he would be quiet about this subject and remain neutral. On the other hand, Mikey is clearly arguing for and attcking those opposed to this. This is clearly advocating/promoting the behavior.
__________________
1996 Mercedes E300D "Maybelyn" - 3-tank custom conversion including Cold weather B100 operation. 36,000 miles on WVO, 10,000 on cold-weather B100. (Sold!)

2006 2500 GM Savanna Cargo Van "Vinny"
06 LLY Duramax with 4L85E
4-tank 'Holy Grail' custom conversion. On-board collection, prefiltering, de-watering, polishing and storage conversion. 46,000 miles on WVO. EFI-live Custom tuning for WVO combustion.

Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 08-31-2008, 05:23 PM
Darwin Darwin is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 686
Default

I have to agree with JoJo on this one. Mike is 'promoting' homosexuality in the same way that Martin Luther King promoted civil rights.

It's hard to remain neutral when religious fundamentalists want to dominate the world and turn America into a theocracy.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 08-31-2008, 05:59 PM
JojoJaro JojoJaro is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 873
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darwin View Post
It's hard to remain neutral when religious fundamentalists want to dominate the world and turn America into a theocracy.
Theocracy ????

Goodness. Have you even studied the origins of the 'Separation of Church and State' clause?

I'll ask you to 'research' it but I'm afraid you are not familiar with the concept of research. So, I'll tell you.

It was a bunch of Baptist Preachers who insisted to Thomas Jefferson to include the 'Separation of Church and State' clause. What you don't understand is that for true Christian believers, 'Liberty of conscience' is one of the fundamental beliefs. 'Free Willl' is the core foundation of our belief in God.

While a Christian may work towards some moral goal, it is incongruous for Christians to force anyone to believe in God. Separation of Church and State means that Congress shall not establish an official religion. Teaching and promoting morality is not the same as establishing a Theocracy.
__________________
1996 Mercedes E300D "Maybelyn" - 3-tank custom conversion including Cold weather B100 operation. 36,000 miles on WVO, 10,000 on cold-weather B100. (Sold!)

2006 2500 GM Savanna Cargo Van "Vinny"
06 LLY Duramax with 4L85E
4-tank 'Holy Grail' custom conversion. On-board collection, prefiltering, de-watering, polishing and storage conversion. 46,000 miles on WVO. EFI-live Custom tuning for WVO combustion.

Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 08-31-2008, 06:05 PM
JojoJaro JojoJaro is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 873
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darwin View Post
I have to agree with JoJo on this one. Mike is 'promoting' homosexuality in the same way that Martin Luther King promoted civil rights.
Homosexuality is a sin. Being black is not. It is pathetic for you to equate homosexuality with rights as a human being.

Homosexuality is in the same plane as murder, rape, child molestation, witchcraft and necromancy. It is not a struggle for rights, it is an attempt to justify an immoral behavior.
__________________
1996 Mercedes E300D "Maybelyn" - 3-tank custom conversion including Cold weather B100 operation. 36,000 miles on WVO, 10,000 on cold-weather B100. (Sold!)

2006 2500 GM Savanna Cargo Van "Vinny"
06 LLY Duramax with 4L85E
4-tank 'Holy Grail' custom conversion. On-board collection, prefiltering, de-watering, polishing and storage conversion. 46,000 miles on WVO. EFI-live Custom tuning for WVO combustion.

Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 08-31-2008, 07:11 PM
Evolve Evolve is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 24
Default

Homosexuality is in the same plane as murder and rape?
You sir, are a crazy-as-batshit idiot.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 08-31-2008, 07:44 PM
DieselBurps's Avatar
DieselBurps DieselBurps is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 7,301
Default

Yeah Jojo - you are getting a little too deep in the deep end here. If you want to put it in Biblical terms, judgement isn't yours. I'm not sure "turn the other cheek" is the proper response, but you can slow down on the hellfire and brimstone. While I don't appreciate the more flamboyant alternate lifestylers, I don't really care what they do on their own. If they practice their lifestyle privately and don't go out of their way to be purposely offensive, what does it matter? It may offend your religion, but if they aren't being offensive directly to you or your family, you don't really have much at stake, do you? Also - if you have a child that decides at some point that they are gay - how will you handle that? I'd hope that you would keep your mouth shut and still love your child. Be VERY careful - that's happened to many people!!!

Lighten up. You don't have to condone in order to tolerate. Trust me - I tolerate a bunch of dumbass liberal Democrats all of the time!!! I'd rather people be gay than liberal Democrat!
__________________
Recession: when your neighbor loses his job.
Depression: when you lose your job.
Recovery: when Comrade Barack loses his job.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 08-31-2008, 08:27 PM
JojoJaro JojoJaro is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 873
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselBurps View Post
Yeah Jojo - you are getting a little too deep in the deep end here. If you want to put it in Biblical terms, judgement isn't yours. I'm not sure "turn the other cheek" is the proper response, but you can slow down on the hellfire and brimstone. While I don't appreciate the more flamboyant alternate lifestylers, I don't really care what they do on their own. If they practice their lifestyle privately and don't go out of their way to be purposely offensive, what does it matter? It may offend your religion, but if they aren't being offensive directly to you or your family, you don't really have much at stake, do you? Also - if you have a child that decides at some point that they are gay - how will you handle that? I'd hope that you would keep your mouth shut and still love your child. Be VERY careful - that's happened to many people!!!

Lighten up. You don't have to condone in order to tolerate. Trust me - I tolerate a bunch of dumbass liberal Democrats all of the time!!! I'd rather people be gay than liberal Democrat!

I will make no apologies for what the Bible teaches. Many of you are offended that I label homosexuality with murder, rape, child molestation, etc. But what you are forgetting is that the Bible has stronger words against homosexuality than murder. Label me what you want, they are not my teachings, I am only repeating it. Take it up with God.

Call me whatever you want, if it is for repeating what the Bible teaches, I will wear it as a badge of honor.
__________________
1996 Mercedes E300D "Maybelyn" - 3-tank custom conversion including Cold weather B100 operation. 36,000 miles on WVO, 10,000 on cold-weather B100. (Sold!)

2006 2500 GM Savanna Cargo Van "Vinny"
06 LLY Duramax with 4L85E
4-tank 'Holy Grail' custom conversion. On-board collection, prefiltering, de-watering, polishing and storage conversion. 46,000 miles on WVO. EFI-live Custom tuning for WVO combustion.

Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 08-31-2008, 08:30 PM
JojoJaro JojoJaro is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 873
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evolve View Post
Homosexuality is in the same plane as murder and rape?
You sir, are a crazy-as-batshit idiot.

I take it from this response that this might be hitting too close to home for you?
__________________
1996 Mercedes E300D "Maybelyn" - 3-tank custom conversion including Cold weather B100 operation. 36,000 miles on WVO, 10,000 on cold-weather B100. (Sold!)

2006 2500 GM Savanna Cargo Van "Vinny"
06 LLY Duramax with 4L85E
4-tank 'Holy Grail' custom conversion. On-board collection, prefiltering, de-watering, polishing and storage conversion. 46,000 miles on WVO. EFI-live Custom tuning for WVO combustion.

Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 05:38 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.