HOME PRODUCTS FORUM RESOURCES KIT COMPARISON FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS  
GALLERY HISTORY VO THEORY SYSTEM MEDIA CONTACT  

Go Back   Forums > Vegetable Oil Forum > CHURCH AND STATE
Register User's Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-03-2008, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spademan View Post
I was giving you reasons for the existence of Gay folks through history. That was the focus.

I just meant if you're gullible enough to believe people are born that way, then you are gullible enough to believe oceanfront property currently exists in Arizona. Borrowed from a George Strait song. Although you may not be a fan.

He is pretty Liberal!

I am not scared of gays or feel threatened by them in the least . I work with them daily .
Perhaps you should actually talk to some of them! Explain to them they are gay because they were convinced to be that way by some deviant predator and that all they have to do is WANT to be straight and they'll be able to stop being gay! Let me know how that works out for you.

And - you'll be able to enjoy those Arizona beaches safely away from the crowds! They'll all be yours! Drowning won't be an issue for you, but watch out for that sunburn!

Quote:
I think you automatically assume when people bring up the subject it is always automatically tied to religion or the bible in some way.
Well, gee whiz. The discussion seems to have been mostly that the Bible states that homosexuality is a sin and how all bad behavior results from it.
You couldn't have missed that part!

Quote:
You have a phobia about the bible whether you realize it or not.
Nah - it's been a while, but I've read one of the more recent versions...
No phobia - but religion has its place and its boundaries.
Old 09-03-2008, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Also a result of pagan worship to the different false gods of the day. There was much sexual misconduct going on there in those temples.
As a Pagan for many, many years, I can assure that there are no doctrines in any of these religions, save for the Aztecs, that even had mentioning of homosexuality. That tact is old and worn out, try a new one. And my question still hasn't been answered: How can i be a moral person and live my positive lifestyle without a Christian upbringing?
Old 09-04-2008, 06:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselBurps View Post
Perhaps you should actually talk to some of them! Explain to them they are gay because they were convinced to be that way by some deviant predator and that all they have to do is WANT to be straight and they'll be able to stop being gay! Let me know how that works out for you.

And - you'll be able to enjoy those Arizona beaches safely away from the crowds! They'll all be yours! Drowning won't be an issue for you, but watch out for that sunburn!

Well, gee whiz. The discussion seems to have been mostly that the Bible states that homosexuality is a sin and how all bad behavior results from it.
You couldn't have missed that part!

Nah - it's been a while, but I've read one of the more recent versions...
No phobia - but religion has its place and its boundaries.

Based on your response I gather you are firmly convinced that homosexuality is a genetic thing and people are born that way.

We will have to agree to disagree. Or not. Either way it sounds like we don't agree!

Confronting a gay person is much like confronting an alcoholic or drug addict. Very difficult to make an in road until the individual is ready to seek help for their condition.

I don't hold that all bad behavior results from homosexuality. Not sure how you got that out of what I said?

The Bible isn't about the ills of homosexuality or any other human condition. But that's another discussion that will be quickly and swiftly dismissed here so I won't go there. After all , that's what church is for.

I for one hope the democrats aren't as successful bringing other human disorders to the forefront of public discussion and policy and making it seem normal as they have been with the homosexuality issue.
Old 09-14-2008, 01:12 PM

Default jo and the catholic church

aka, the whore of babylon - the vatican

'upon this rock i will build my church'; and since the lineage of the papacy can be traced back to peter, despite it's 'faults', it is the one-and-only true church. the one that without, the bible wouldn't exist in any form. and for everyone not baptized into it, hell is their certain future, because there is only one way to christ. and like the claim of being able to speak god's infallible truth while speaking in the spirit that the protest-ant/evangelical
off-shoots claim, the catholics had that 'power' well before anyone else

and along comes marty. a full-of-himself, arrogant rebel priest, very much like lucifer, who thinks he knows god's plan better than the lineage, like jo/s/sect, who decides to post his 95 feces
http://search.barnesandnoble.com/boo...phan%2DK%2DRay
Synopsis
As an Evangelical Protestant, Stephen Ray realized that the real issue dividing Catholics and Protestants was authority. Everything else was secondary to the issue of authority. Protestants accept the authority of the Bible alone, whereas Catholics understand the authority to be residing in the Magisterium, the Scriptures and the Sacred Tradition. Ray goes through the Scriptures and writings from the first five centuries of the early Church to demonstrate that the early Christians had a clear understanding of the primacy of Peter in the See of Rome. He tackles the tough issues in an attempt to expose how the opposition is misunderstanding the Scriptures and history. He uses many Evangelical Protestant scholars and historians to support the Catholic position. This book contains the most complete compilation of Scriptural and Patristic quotations on the primacy of Peter and the Papal office of any book currently available.

oh woe is jojo. according to his misinterpretation/education of his bible, along with comes a series of reading comp problems; just about anything related to science, logic or the ability for mankind, that god knows, to grow in knowledge. heck, jo/s/sect can even decide to ignore jesus', 'i have not come to abolish the laws or prophets', which allows them to void the laws and even instruct others to do the same. 'and whoever misleads the little ones who believe in me....it'd be better to hang an ass' millstone around his neck.....sunk in the sea'

so, i guess joe is waiting for jesus' return in order to be thrown into hell
'a little too ironic, don't ya think?'
Old 09-14-2008, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparky View Post
oh woe is jojo. according to his misinterpretation/education of his bible, along with comes a series of reading comp problems; just about anything related to science, logic or the ability for mankind, that god knows, to grow in knowledge. heck, jo/s/sect can even decide to ignore jesus', 'i have not come to abolish the laws or prophets', which allows them to void the laws and even instruct others to do the same. 'and whoever misleads the little ones who believe in me....it'd be better to hang an ass' millstone around his neck.....sunk in the sea'

so, i guess joe is waiting for jesus' return in order to be thrown into hell
'a little too ironic, don't ya think?'
Urrg ... can't help it .... can't help it ..... I gotta answer this stupidity .....

Nah.... you're too stupid for an answer.

2006 2500 GM Savanna Cargo Van "Vinny"
06 LLY Duramax with 4L85E
4-tank 'Holy Grail' custom conversion. On-board collection, prefiltering, de-watering, polishing and storage conversion. 46,000 miles on WVO. EFI-live Custom tuning for WVO combustion.

Old 09-14-2008, 01:50 PM

Default ahhh go ahead

your great a adding stupidity
Old 09-14-2008, 02:22 PM

Quote:
There were many victims in those societies you speak of mostly slaves that were forced into submission by their Lords. Also a result of pagan worship to the different false gods of the day. There was much sexual misconduct going on there in those temples.
In all my years as a pagan(17 years), NEVER have I seen ANY advocacy for homosexuality. In fact, much of the mythology and doctrines of Pagan peoples put homosexuals to death. Roman Armies were encouraged into homosexual acts for COMPLETELY different reasons. I would have to say that the true corruption of Greek and Roman leadership was the power they held.