HOME PRODUCTS FORUM RESOURCES KIT COMPARISON FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS  
GALLERY HISTORY VO THEORY SYSTEM MEDIA CONTACT  

Go Back   Forums > Vegetable Oil Forum > CHURCH AND STATE
Register User's Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-04-2008, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JojoJaro View Post
So, Mikey is trying to wiggle out of an itchy spot eh? Have the integrity to acknowledge you were fooled. You really thought the story was real.

Uh...no, Jojo. You'd be alone there.

I've read the Onion for years and went to grad school with one of the former editors.

Quote:
I will admit that I was. I've seen the 'Onion Movie' and I gotta admit, I wasn't looking at the http: address. And given Mikey's 'creative' resourcefulness in digging up dirt, I thought it was real.
I know you don't look at the background material I cite...which is why I cited it.

"I used to be disgusted, but now I try to be amused." -- Declan Patrick MacManus
Old 09-04-2008, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike saunders View Post
I know you don't look at the background material I cite...which is why I cited it.
Actually, I do read your citations. I just don't agree with them. Many have liberal biased conclusions.

2006 2500 GM Savanna Cargo Van "Vinny"
06 LLY Duramax with 4L85E
4-tank 'Holy Grail' custom conversion. On-board collection, prefiltering, de-watering, polishing and storage conversion. 46,000 miles on WVO. EFI-live Custom tuning for WVO combustion.

Old 09-11-2008, 12:37 AM

Quote:
Yes, it may be humor, but it is a jab a creationism that required a response. People need to see that Creationism is not someone's imagination. It is in fact a valid scientific field of study.
An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind. You said somewhere that the ratio between attacks on Christianity and your responses was heavily on the side of attacks on Christianity. From what I've seen so far, the exact opposite is true. You take it upon yourself to disparage anyone and everything that does not agree with your viewpoint and/or worship your feet. Nowhere in your actions do I see the beacon of light upon the hill that Christians are called to be. Your actions here do not set an example of tolerance, forgiveness, charity or kindness that Christ would have asked of us. Elsewhere, you said that you were tired of people attacking Christians, that you were going to stand up for your religion. That's an admirable goal, but instead of pushing everyone else down to stand above them, raise yourself up and emulate Christ. Only by doing that can you be an adequate defense of Christianity, and a beacon of light for others to look to.
Old 09-11-2008, 06:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zouave View Post
An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind. You said somewhere that the ratio between attacks on Christianity and your responses was heavily on the side of attacks on Christianity. From what I've seen so far, the exact opposite is true. You take it upon yourself to disparage anyone and everything that does not agree with your viewpoint and/or worship your feet. Nowhere in your actions do I see the beacon of light upon the hill that Christians are called to be. Your actions here do not set an example of tolerance, forgiveness, charity or kindness that Christ would have asked of us. Elsewhere, you said that you were tired of people attacking Christians, that you were going to stand up for your religion. That's an admirable goal, but instead of pushing everyone else down to stand above them, raise yourself up and emulate Christ. Only by doing that can you be an adequate defense of Christianity, and a beacon of light for others to look to.
You been here for 2 minutes and you've already shown your liberal bias. You lecture me against defending myself but you initiate an attack yourself. Why would I listen to your hypocritical advise. You know, it would be more effective for one to remain neutral if he presumes to occupy the higher ground.

Try saying what many are saying to me to a muslin, see if he'll put up with your mockery to his faith and not issue a 'Fatwah' or whatever on your head. Christians are expected to 'turn the other cheek' so people like you take it upon themselves to mock and insult any and everything Christian.

You have no idea what it means to be Christian. You think of love, tolerance, patience, those are indeed true Christian virtues. But Jesus also took a whip and drove out merchants from the temple. And he instructed his disciples to buy swords. The Bible instructs Christians to 'contend for the faith'. Heck, why am I explaining Christianity to a sanctimonious liberal whose convince of its fallacy already.

So, stop blabbering with your mouth over something you have no idea of. Take off those 'liberal' glasses and put on some real reading glasses so that you can read exactly what is going on here.

Yes, the tone of this post is in direct proportion to the tone you use on me.

4-tank 'Holy Grail' custom conversion. On-board collection, prefiltering, de-watering, polishing and storage conversion. 46,000 miles on WVO. EFI-live Custom tuning for WVO combustion.

Old 09-11-2008, 07:11 AM

Quote:
So in your world christians aren't allowed to debate and respond in kind when verbally abused?
Old 09-11-2008, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spademan View Post
So in your world christians aren't allowed to debate and respond in kind when verbally abused?
In the Christianity that I was raised in and believe in, your response is your choice, but reflects upon both you and your religion. Thus, I choose to restrain my passions and emulate Christ as much as I am able, though I fall far short. I am saddened to see people who say they are Christians who do not hold themselves to the highest standards of respecting fellow humans. But then, that's my interpretation of what the Bible tells me to do, and clearly, I don't know what I'm talking about. :-)

---

By the way, Jojo, a 'Fatwah' is nothing more than an opinion or decision by an Islamic scholar. That can range in effect from saying that more prayers are needed to the extreme definition taken by fundamentalist muslims, that the Quran supports execution, etc.
Old 09-11-2008, 08:30 AM

Quote:
Yes, the tone of this post is in direct proportion to the tone you use on me.
Perhaps. If that proportion is 2:1, or 1.5:1, or 3:1...
Old 09-11-2008, 08:34 AM

Quote:
In the Christianity that I was raised in and believe in, your response is your choice, but reflects upon both you and your religion. Thus, I choose to restrain my passions and emulate Christ as much as I am able, though I fall far short. I am saddened to see people who say they are Christians who do not hold themselves to the highest standards of respecting fellow humans. But then, that's my interpretation of what the Bible tells me to do, and clearly, I don't know what I'm talking about. :-)

---

By the way, Jojo, a 'Fatwah' is nothing more than an opinion or decision by an Islamic scholar. That can range in effect from saying that more prayers are needed to the extreme definition taken by fundamentalist muslims, that the Quran supports execution, etc.
I'm not disagreeing with what you just wrote. But I will also readily admit , that while I am a christian , I am also human , and sometimes my emotions run away with me. And I sin.

Contrast that with nonbelievers who pick and poke , without any regard for conscious!

That's o.k. though , it's their right.

Contrary to some of the recent heated posts between Chris & JoJo ............

This forum is extremely mild in relation to most of the other political forums on the web. That's why I like it here!

I believe that can be attributed to the common ground found here with individuals who recognize the need to use alternative fuels!
Old 09-11-2008, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spademan View Post
I'm not disagreeing with what you just wrote. But I will also readily admit , that while I am a christian , I am also human , and sometimes my emotions run away with me. And I sin.

Contrast that with nonbelievers who pick and poke , without any regard for conscious!

That's o.k. though , it's their right.

Contrary to some of the recent heated posts between Chris & JoJo ............

This forum is extremely mild in relation to most of the other political forums on the web. That's why I like it here!

I believe that can be attributed to the common ground found here with individuals who recognize the need to use alternative fuels!
You know, a lot of my friends are nonbelievers, and they are extremely respectful of my viewpoints and my beliefs, largely because I treat them with respect as well. It is remarkable how much effect something as simple as that can have. You do not demand respect, you will only garner fear. You earn respect through continuous and arduous effort.

Morality is not the sole domain of the religious. I have been most disrespected in my life by people who claim to share my faith, not by people I associate with who do not.

I agree, this forum is rather mild, but it could be a lot more accepting of the other side, instead of so much belittling going on. And yes, I'm guilty of that too.
Old 09-11-2008, 09:48 AM

Quote:
That is why I said a "'fatwah' or whatever". Because frankly, I don't know what a 'fatwah' is. I just know that islamist issue them if they want to kill somebody.