HOME PRODUCTS FORUM RESOURCES KIT COMPARISON FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS  
GALLERY HISTORY VO THEORY SYSTEM MEDIA CONTACT  

Go Back   Forums > Vegetable Oil Forum > CHURCH AND STATE
Register User's Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-18-2012, 06:24 AM

Default good editorial

Why can't it be this way:

http://picklyman.wordpress.com/2010/...ember-18-2010/

There was an e-mail sent to me that falsely added a paragraph to the above editorial, but it was also a great idea.

If anyone is taking government aide of any form, food stamps, disability, government housing etc.............., they would forego their right to vote as this would be a conflict of interests.

If we could do it this way, it would go a long to eliminating the dependent class voting block.

I would even add this:

If any corporation or agricultural operation is participating in a tax credit or subsidy program, then all involved in that operation financially, including all employees would forego their right to vote, or contribute to any and all campaigns or pacts, as this would be a conflict of interests.

This would immediately begin to eliminate these type programs, because the politicians would no longer have the incentive to propagate such programs.
Old 01-18-2012, 08:12 AM

Quote:
If we could do it this way, it would go a long to eliminating the dependent class voting block.
So only 1% of the population could vote. Great idea!

Republicans love wars, but hate paying for Veterans benefits.
Old 01-18-2012, 08:35 AM
Banned

I'm mostly okay with the editorial. The part about voting is a bit harder. Depending on how you define those terms in the email, MBachman estimate of 1% might be a bit high.
Old 01-18-2012, 09:28 AM

Angry disabled

Sooo I worked for 40 plus years and 3 years in the army, came out disabled, and no bennifits, worked the rest of my life and had my arms almost tore off and a broken back so I am now disabled soooo I don't get to vote. I agree about the slug leaches, some of us disabled people paid our whole lives and still paying tax on our social security and medical, sooo I don't get to vote.
Old 01-18-2012, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newshop2 View Post
Sooo I worked for 40 plus years and 3 years in the army, came out disabled, and no bennifits, worked the rest of my life and had my arms almost tore off and a broken back so I am now disabled soooo I don't get to vote. I agree about the slug leaches, some of us disabled people paid our whole lives and still paying tax on our social security and medical, sooo I don't get to vote.
I'd keep quiet if I were you. Under the new Obamacare system, the plan is just to give you a pill... Not the one involving rabbit-holes or Keanu Reeves...

But your comment just shows a flaw in the plan - one that can be fixed.

Keeping the voting roles down to land-owning taxpayers is a good idea though - only those with "skin in the game" should be calling the game.

I still like the idea of providing a social safety net without the use of other people's money. Eliminating the money means that the corruption that goes with it is taken out of the picture as well. Taking money from some to hand to others to pay for their living expenses is just a stupid idea - but providing them the ability to work and create their own necessities fixes a lot of the problems we have.
Old 01-18-2012, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newshop2 View Post
IMHO - All veterans should be treated with the respect deserving of the heroes that they are.

We should be ashamed of how we currently treat our veterans.

Please accept my humble appreciation and gratitude for your sacrifice for our country. God Bless.

With that said, my statement was a general statement. Of course the definition of collecting a disability check would not include veterans.

The disabled that I refer to are the ones that may have a legitimate illness....congestive heart failure for example.......... got on the federal dole.........then open up a cash only auto shop in their back yard. You can fill in the blank, at least I can in a small neighborhood, of a small town, in Podunk Alabama. A legitimate back claim with his own cash only woodworking shop........ a legitimate ankle broken in 4 places with 7 surgeries and pins to boot, with a summertime garden cash only business.

These are all real people that I know.
Old 01-18-2012, 11:21 AM

Only people who pay income tax should have the privilege of voting, and they should get a $100 tax deduction for doing it.

Able bodied people receiving long-term welfare should be sterilized. Up to a year would be OK, but after that they're sterilized before receiving any more.
Old 01-18-2012, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by inconu View Post
Only people who pay income tax should have the privilege of voting, and they should get a $100 tax deduction for doing it.
Why $100?

Quote:
Originally Posted by inconu View Post
Able bodied people receiving long-term welfare should be sterilized. Up to a year would be OK, but after that they're sterilized before receiving any more.
Tough call when you have a real idiot in office creating policy that is so detrimental to jobs. Cut the cash out of that welfare instead - have them report to a barracks arrangement on Federal land to work in the fields and provide their own needs. The work is hard and it's all manual labor, but it's a roof, 3 squares and an opportunity for workforce training. A person should have the opportunity to refuse to work if they want to - the choice to starve should not be taken away from them. They can at least die with their 'nads intact!

I'm open to suggestions for those that shirk their labor, rob, cheat, steal, injure or violate others in the work-camp though! I'm still all for gelding violent offenders - it seems to work well with so many other animals.
Old 01-18-2012, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselBurps View Post
Why $100?
why not a tax deduction as an incentive to vote?

Quote:
Cut the cash out of that welfare instead - have them report to a barracks arrangement on Federal land to work in the fields and provide their own needs. The work is hard and it's all manual labor, but it's a roof, 3 squares and an opportunity for workforce training. A person should have the opportunity to refuse to work if they want to - the choice to starve should not be taken away from them. They can at least die with their 'nads intact!
Sure, they work or get sterilized.

Quote:
I'm open to suggestions for those that shirk their labor, rob, cheat, steal, injure or violate others in the work-camp though!
Use the army method. If the rules aren't maintained everyone gets punished. Good self-policing system.

Quote:
I'm still all for gelding violent offenders - it seems to work well with so many other animals.
Agreed
Old 01-18-2012, 12:47 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselBurps View Post
Keeping the voting roles down to land-owning taxpayers is a good idea though - only those with "skin in the game" should be calling the game.
Disabled veterens living in rentals don't get to vote?