HOME PRODUCTS FORUM RESOURCES KIT COMPARISON FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS  
GALLERY HISTORY VO THEORY SYSTEM MEDIA CONTACT  

Go Back   Forums > Vegetable Oil Forum > General discussion
Register User's Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-17-2012, 10:47 AM

Smile testing

can I post now
Old 03-17-2012, 11:13 AM

Angry Dodge found on road dead for you DB

I lost my brakes pulling a 24 ft travel trailer on Mon morning 130 miles from home. The right front brake hose blew at bango bolt crimp. Lucky I had a friend living down there. We decided to drive the truck and trailer to her house using trailer brakes. Call Dodge in Aberdeen and talked to them for 2 hrs, they had no clue what they were doing even with the vin number. Finally they said the nearest hose was in Puyallup Wa. 140 mi away and the price was $400. I called Larson dodge in puyallup and they said the hose was in Detroit, but he looked up an alternative hose and it was $39. Icalled cutrate auto parts in Aberdeen and they said they would have it the next day for $30. next day drove to parts store in friends truck and it looked just like the old one. Put the hose on and bled 3 brakes couldn't get the left front screw loose. So I drove home with spongy brakes. Can you believe that dodge doesn't have a duel master cyl WTF is the matter with that co. My 82 GMC has a duel master cyl. I've never blown a brake hose in my life. My 63 nova ss has original hoses, my 55 chevy had original hoses with cracks in the rubber and never leaked. Now I have made in china hoses, scary. So DB don't get down on Fords and Chevys they atleast have duel master cyls. This is a frybrid Cummins and runs like a sewing machine at 25 mpg, any one want it.
Old 03-17-2012, 06:39 PM

I've replaced every singe brake line on my truck at least once, some of them more than once. As for rotors and calipers, I am pretty sure that I've replaced all of them at least twice at this point. The salted roads absolutely destroy that stuff.