HOME PRODUCTS FORUM RESOURCES KIT COMPARISON FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS  
GALLERY HISTORY VO THEORY SYSTEM MEDIA CONTACT  

Go Back   Forums > Vegetable Oil Forum > Users Conversions
Register User's Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-14-2006, 05:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordnut74
Such as an air leak from having a plugged filter on the suction side, or possibly sucking air in an empty tank.
I think I was sucking air from an almost empty tank. When I corner or take off, I can imagine that 2 inches of oil is moving away from the pickup line and sucking air. I put 50 gallons in the tank last night to see if that would fix the issue and it seems to have quieted down this morning.

A side note for anyone who has CGs Frybrid still. A 50 gallon hot water heater doesn't really hold 50 gallons....more like 48...or maybe it still had 2 gallons in it. And when you over fill one, that little air filter on the top will almost resemble a showerhead. If you overfill it, you will want to be alone so the constant string of cursing (I invented a few new words too) isn't offensive to anyone and then you'll need lots of towels.
Okay, after you stop rolling in the floor laughing, bring on the jokes....they are at my expense.

2008 Ford CC shortbed F-250 King Ranch
Vegistroke V3 with 3k miles
Old 06-14-2006, 06:29 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by new2VOfuels
I think I was sucking air from an almost empty tank. When I corner or take off, I can imagine that 2 inches of oil is moving away from the pickup line and sucking air. I put 50 gallons in the tank last night to see if that would fix the issue and it seems to have quieted down this morning.

A side note for anyone who has CGs Frybrid still. A 50 gallon hot water heater doesn't really hold 50 gallons....more like 48...or maybe it still had 2 gallons in it. And when you over fill one, that little air filter on the top will almost resemble a showerhead. If you overfill it, you will want to be alone so the constant string of cursing (I invented a few new words too) isn't offensive to anyone and then you'll need lots of towels.
Okay, after you stop rolling in the floor laughing, bring on the jokes....they are at my expense.
Why do you think I put a sight tube in? I have yet to find the filter from my first still, I do know what a stream of VO 8' high looks like though and I know where to buy a 3' squeegy and 10 bags of cat litter on a Saturday. I can also tell you that I have yet found a way to get VO out of clothing and am lucky that my taste is more Levi and T shirt than Armani and Versachi
Old 06-14-2006, 06:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgoodwin
Why do you think I put a sight tube in? I have yet to find the filter from my first still, I do know what a stream of VO 8' high looks like though and I know where to buy a 3' squeegy and 10 bags of cat litter on a Saturday. I can also tell you that I have yet found a way to get VO out of clothing and am lucky that my taste is more Levi and T shirt than Armani and Versachi
Well, I was pumping in new oil and it's hard to see it in the sight tube. Besides, I bought 50 gallons and assumed it would all go into my 50 gallon water heater. WRONG! I'll not do that again.
It looks like I need to use some "kills" on the walls and ceiling this weekend and repaint the garage.
geezzz.

Last edited by new2VOfuels; 06-14-2006 at 07:49 AM.
Old 06-14-2006, 08:01 AM

John- NOW you can consider yourself initiated. Simply having a system doesn't count, you have to have made a mess of everything within 100 square feet of you, p'sd off the wife, and have the neighbors call you in for a meth lab . As for painting the walls, you may be better off doing Wallpaper. Not sure there is another substance known to man that is as sticky as half dried VO......
Old 06-14-2006, 08:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordnut74
John- NOW you can consider yourself initiated. Simply having a system doesn't count, you have to have made a mess of everything within 100 square feet of you, p'sd off the wife, and have the neighbors call you in for a meth lab . As for painting the walls, you may be better off doing Wallpaper. Not sure there is another substance known to man that is as sticky as half dried VO......
John? You mean after you slept in my house, ate from my table and took half my savings account (granted we didn't go see Brokeback Mountain together) and you don't remember my name? I'm hurt!

Yeah well, I new there would come a day (didn't think it would be yesturday) that I would say I wished I had built this system in the shed rather than the garage. I took a good hot shower last night and I still smell like I just finished the day shift at McDonalds.

Old 06-14-2006, 09:23 AM

You were just another "John" to him...
Old 06-14-2006, 12:43 PM

Quote:
When I first started with the still I had taken the lid off my x100 filter to do something or another and sit the lid on top of the filter without screwing it on. When I sat the lid there I thought to myself that I should not do that because I may forget and turn the pump back on--sure enough--I finished whatever I was doing and turned the pump back on. The oil did not shoot out, but it did pour out ALOT. Then to make matters worse I turned off the pump, but that damn rubber cover over the switch of the pump casued the switch to come back on. Needless to say that rubber cover on the pump is no longer with me. I just put cat liter everywhere and went inside to watch TV. I was done playing that day.
Old 06-16-2006, 07:30 PM

Quote:
It looks like I need to use some "killz" on the walls and ceiling this weekend and repaint the garage.
geezzz.
Well I can report that KILLZ does in fact prime the walls fine after showering them with VO. I painted the walls with it and all the stains are hidden and the smell ov VO has been contained it looks like. Tomorrow I will paint the walls with the regular wall paint and no one will no the difference... except yall...shhhh....don't tell.

Old 06-17-2006, 09:55 PM

Quote:
John? You mean after you slept in my house, ate from my table and took half my savings account (granted we didn't go see Brokeback Mountain together) and you don't remember my name? I'm hurt!
George- Man I am sorry Strange thing is I haven't even done a kit for a John. Lack of sleep makes one delirous crazy . or is it Claude?
Old 06-19-2006, 02:58 AM

Default First Trip

It looks like I averaged about 16 mpg on oil, I normally get 18 +/- on dino. I'm not complaining, just wondering about the numbers.

John