HOME PRODUCTS FORUM RESOURCES KIT COMPARISON FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS  
GALLERY HISTORY VO THEORY SYSTEM MEDIA CONTACT  

Go Back   Forums > Vegetable Oil Forum > Users Conversions
Register User's Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-30-2008, 09:12 AM
Banned

The conversion is still in process, but I will use the stock fuel pump - it seems to be capable of pumping both fuels. I will also use two 3 port valves. Basically it is a Greasecar type conversion, with aluminum fuel lines and a Hotfox fuel pickup.

I will gladly post pictures when it is done; that should not be too much longer.
Old 12-30-2008, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phil View Post
The conversion is still in process, but I will use the stock fuel pump - it seems to be capable of pumping both fuels. I will also use two 3 port valves. Basically it is a Greasecar type conversion, with aluminum fuel lines and a Hotfox fuel pickup.

I will gladly post pictures when it is done; that should not be too much longer.
How about heated filter and any other heat exchangers?

thanks, i just bought an 06 Liberty CRD with the intention to convert it but i really want to see a few ideas first. I saw another conversion that uses the same 2 tank idea your constructing - under the truck tank but it didnt show any other details, just the tank.

2008 Ford CC shortbed F-250 King Ranch
Vegistroke V3 with 3k miles
Old 12-30-2008, 04:11 PM
Banned

Filter will be like Greasecar also - copper coil wrapped around the filter cartridge. I may use an electric element on that as well.

Flat plate heat exchanger after the filter. That and the aluminum tubing should make plenty of heat.
Old 01-03-2009, 05:02 PM

Cool Mix it up right in the right in the Libby tank and all she wants to do is dance!

Mighty gurus,

I have only two options for BioD here in Pittsburgh: B5 and B100. Both coming from different commercial/approved pumps.

If I wanted to rock some B20 for the winter, would it be kosher to mix the B100 with some straight-gangsta DinoD, from two different pumps, right in the tanky tank?

Anxiously awaiting the wisdom.

Rockin' the D,
Randy
Old 09-29-2010, 07:07 PM

Default I just picked up my SS tank for under the Libby

This fits behind the drivers side tire it has a SS tube on the inside with the fuel pick-up in the middle that is the 3 fittings in the picture. It is a little small but I also had an Aluminum spare tire tank to replace the spare on the back door. This spare tank is going to fill the SS tank.

SS tank in the picture also has a nice baffle in the middle where the split is I am planning on strapping it in like the factory tank. But if that does not work I will have to have a bracket welded on and bolt it to the frame.
Attached Images

Old 10-06-2010, 04:12 AM

Which one is the fill port?
Old 10-08-2010, 11:48 AM

Fill port is on the top in the back of the picture. Both connections (fill and vent) connect to another tank that is mounted where the spare tire was. The fill and the vent have fittings on them that connect with rubber fuel line. The hose is attached to the bottom of the back door and pivot on the corner behind the bumper. I Even put a tire cover over the spare tire tank.

I will give more detail when I get closer to completion.
Old 10-13-2010, 07:27 PM

Default Almost Completed

I have been working on the Libby for 4 hours a week while my daughter is in school. I designed two WVO tanks for the back. See previous post for SS tank mounted behind the drivers rear wheel. The second tank is aluminum and is mounted where the spare tire was. I purchased a spare tire cover to go over the tank unless you look closely you will never know. The rear door still opens but I filled the tank today for the first time. I used about 25 gallons from my drum of filtered grease. I was thinking the SS tankwas 5 and the spare tank was 15. I think the spare tank might be 20 gallons. I will only open the rear door when the tank is half full.

The spare tank has a fuel sender mount on the top as well as a fuel cap. On the back side of the tank are two fitting one at the top and one at the bottom. The top one is the vent from the SS tank. The bottom one fills the SS tank. The rubber 5/16 hoses are attached to the bottom of the rear door and swing open with the door the joses pivot behind the bumper cover. The SS tank has a coolant loop built inside it with two 5/8 hose barbs that are 90 degrees. These 5/8 heater hoses connect to the engine one goes straight to the waterpump near the thermostat the other on goes around the fuel filter mounted in the engine bay then to the FPHE then to the connection for the coolant coming out of the engine. So the coolant comes out of the engine goes though the FPHE around the filter to the tank in the back and then returns to the engine at the water pump.

The fuel connection on the small SS tank in right in the middle the the coolant heat. this go to the engine bay via 3/8 inch hose and the two heater hose are bundles around it. All three run over the axle and along the frame rail same as the factory fuel lines. The fuel switch is mounted on the battery tray where the COM goes out to the CP3 pump. The diesel goes to the N.O. side of the switch. The veg oil comes out of the filter mount between the battery and the diesel filter and goes to the N.C. side of the switch. The return line is mounted below the vehicle on the frame rail. The return connects to the COM side on the 2nd switch. The N.O. side of the switch connects to the diesel tank. The N.C. output of the switch goes to a T the connects to the fuel line coming from the veggie tank.

The electrical connection is mounted on a plastic removeable piece just to the left of the steering wheel. This is a 3 position switch that is On-Off-ON. In the up position both switches are on so that veg goes in and the return goes to the Veg fuel line. In flush mode fuel selector switch send diesel to the engine but the return goes to the veg tank. The only thing I have not hooked up yet is the Injection line heater in mounted on the Common rail I am going to have a separate switch for this and I need a fuse connector.

I have not tride running on the grease yet but I am real close. I still have to prime the veg oil in the filter and fuel lines. I hope it work.
Old 10-16-2010, 05:09 AM

Default Running good on grease

I checked the temps with an IR temp gauge and the veg filter was 140F the FPHE was 170 and the Common Rail was 198F the Injector lines were 198F also.

The spare tire tank works really well. I do not notice any movement. I have a Stainless Steel cap for the tank and I am planning on wipping it off every time I fill the tank to keep the poly down and the vent working. I think it is a successfull Liberty conversion.
Old 10-17-2010, 03:37 AM
Banned

Congratulations! Can you post some pics?